Section 1 – Information We Collect
We collect information from and about users of the Services in the following ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
- From third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the App, we collect personal information. For instance, when you set up an account with us (a “3Steps Account”), we may collect your first and last name, telephone number, email address, whether you are over or under 18, a username and password, and your parent or legal guardian’s contact information. Additionally, when you contact us, we will collect information you provide, as well as your name and contact information.
You may also provide information for publication or display on public areas of the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you access and use the Services, we automatically collect information of your use of the Services, including the following information:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location, data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include the following:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Bacons. Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may collect personal information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties, as permitted by law. For example, we may collect information from third-party verification services, credit bureaus, financial institutions, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources to verify your identity. We may also collect information about you from third parties in connection with any identity or account verification process, fraud detection process, or collection procedure, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law.
Section 2 – How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- Request feedback.
- Develop new products and services.
- Comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or court orders.
Section 3 – Disclosure of Your Information
We may share personal information about you in the following ways and to the following third parties:
- With vendors, services providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, fraud prevention, customer service, marketing efforts, and in connection with the provision of the Services.
- With our business partners, affiliates, and for our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. We may also share personal information with business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of 3Steps assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by 3Steps about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the User Agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 3Steps, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Section 4 – How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our products and Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
Section 5 – Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete User Contributions from the App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other App users.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
Section 6 – How We Secure Your Data
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Section 7 – External Sites and Social Media
Our Services may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services. These websites are operated by third parties not controlled by us, and by linking to them or being linked from them 3Steps does not endorse, approve or make any representations about third party websites or domains. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each and every website and domain that you interact with. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or domains and you visit them at your own risk.
Our Services may contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms, including without limitation Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Discord, and TikTok. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible social media platform, blog, or chat room, or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We have no control over such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, forums or otherwise online and by using such services you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
Section 8 – Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information, as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, directly from children under 13 years old (each, a “Pre-Teen”). If a primary account holder adds an Authorized User to their account who is a Pre-Teen, the primary account holder will provide the information to 3Steps that is necessary to add the individual under the Pre-Teen as an Authorized User. Once the Pre-Teen is added as an Authorized User, 3Steps will only collect and use personal information related to the Pre-Teen for the purposes of providing the Services, and any such information will not be shared with third parties for any purpose not required or permitted by applicable laws.
If you learn that your Pre-Teen has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 9 – Opting Out of Email Marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us at email@example.com. You will then by removed from the marketing email list. However, we will still need to send you Services-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your 3Steps Account.
Section 10 – Choices Regarding Tracking Technologies
Section 12 – Contact Information